River Corridor Processes
- Where, when, and how much river water interacts with chemically-reactive interfaces of the river corridor
- How can we improve prediction? Improved specification of physical vs. biological controls in regional water quality predictions
- Which river corridor interfaces dominate reactions?
- Relative importance of hyporheic, dynamic bank storage and floodplain inundation, alteration by dams
- Prioritizing strategies to manage water quality and ecological habitat, how wide of a river corridor is needed?
- How are the deeper mechanisms of recharge within the mountain block connected to the shallower ground and surface water hydrology of the downstream valley?
- How will these processes be affected by future land use/cover or climate changes?
- How are these mountain processes coupled to downstream water uses?